Prevention of Childhood Blinesness
SAVE THE FUTURE VISION:
PREVENTION OF CHILDHOOLD BLINDNESS
A Join Project of:
Rotary Club of Quezon City (RCQC)
Philippines Academy of Ophthalmology (PAO)
Philippine Society of Pediatric Ophthalmology & Strabismus (PSPOS)
Optometric Association of the Philippines (OAP)
An Adopted Project of:
Avoidable Blindness Task Force
RI District 3780
- To provide voluntary services to save vision of the future generation and join the word’s backlog of curable blind by supporting the efforts of the United Nation World Health Organization and Rotary International.
- To establish sustainable ophthalmic health care delivery system in which will start and in the area of jurisdiction of Rotary.
- To collaborate with other Rotary Clubs, Rotary District, government and non-government organization in order to spread out the noble undertaking in preventing and eliminating the causes of blindness nationwide envisioned until year 2020.
- To develop promotive and preventive eye disease programs to stoop childhood eye disease and visual loss from Vitamin-A deficiency, measles, congenital eye diseases and injuries.
- To develop voluntary therapeutic and surgical services to treat children with Cataract, Glaucoma, Corneal Ulcer, Retinoplathy of Pre-Maturity and Stabismus.
- To join the government agencies for the promotion Vitamin –A through printing materials, radio, and television coverages.
- Coordination with the Department of Education Culture and Sports, Department of Health and other government agencies for proper implementation of the proposed project.
- To conduct massive vision screening in 93 public elementary schools in Quezon City.
- To provide free correction eye glasses for children with low vision and eye error of refraction.
- To provide free eye medical check-up and treatment for children with eye illness or diseases
- To extend free eye surgical operation for children with causes of blindness, defects and strabismus
- To Join the government and non-government organization for the promotion of Vitamin -A